Planting guides and information for home gardeners:
Here is a reading list of some of Ellery's favorite authors and books:
Some of our favorite farms:
These fine restaurants and shops serve and sell our vegetables:
Some local links:
- Shoving Leopard Farm & CSA in Barrytown, NY—our favorite flower farmer, Marina, designed the flower labyrinth as a gift for Ellery's 30th birthday.
Thanks Marina! Still going strong! Visit her website to see an aerial photo of her beautiful flower labyrinth farm in New York!
- Vanguarden CSA in Dover, MA
- The Food Project - a farm-based nonprofit based in Lincoln, and with farms in several towns.
- Powisset Farm & CSA in Dover, MA.
- The Lincoln Conservation Commission leases historically farmed town-owned land, including the Umbrello field, where Blue Heron Organic Farm is located. They also manage a large amount of conservation land with many trails that the public can hike and cross-country ski on.
- A worthwhile destination while in the Lincoln area is the DeCordova Museum, which has changing exhibitions, a gift shop, and a huge, free sculpture park where you can picnic and enjoy the art and the outdoors.
- Historic Walden Pond is a great place to swim, walk, and reflect on Henry Thoreau's writings. Weekends in the summers can get very hectic.
- The Gropius House was designed by the founder of the Bauhaus design school and has an influential and groundbreaking design.